Income Support Contact Number: 0800 055 6688

0161 333 0004

GOV UK Contact Number

Calls are charged at 7p for the first minute and then 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge. Callers must be over the age of 18.

If you need to speak to someone at Jobcentre Plus about Income Support, you can ring 0800 055 6688 or you can call the general enquiries lines 0345 608 8545

Existing claimant enquiries – 0345 608 8545

If you have an existing Income Support claim, you can ring either 0345 608 8545 or 0800 055 6688.  This line handles changes of circumstances such as a new address, new job or changes to your monthly income.  You need to let them know about any changes as quickly as possible as you can end up having to repay benefits if you receive them incorrectly due to changed details.  You can also change your bank details here. If you want information about your next payment, call one of these numbers. Or if you are worried about changing legislation affecting your claim, ring the numbers to find out more.

You can ring the 0345 number at the same cost as ringing 01 or 02 numbers.  This is a per minute rate that varies between providers and time of call plus an access charge.  Calls may be free if you have inclusive minutes on your contract but check with your provider. Lined are available from 8-6 weekdays and closed weekends and bank holidays.

Claim Income Support – 0800 055 6688

If you want to make a new claim for Income Support, you can ring the freephone number 0800 055 6688.  This line can help to see if you are eligible and how much money you might receive based on yours and your partner’s income if you have one.  You can also request the different forms needed for the claim through this line or you can download them from the website at  After filling out the forms, you can post them or scan and email them or even use your local Jobcentre Plus to drop them off.  Find the nearest one here

Complaints & Disputes – 0345 608 8545

If you want to complain about your treatment by someone at the Income Support team, you can call 0345 608 8545.  This line also lets you request a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice to get the Social Security & Child Support Tribunal to reassess your case.  Once you have obtained this notice in writing, you need to call them and fill out form SSCS1.  Their direct line is 0300 123 1142 for England and Wales and 0141 354 8400 for Scotland.  Once completed, send the form to one of the addresses below depending on where you live.

HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre (Income Support),

PO Box 1203,


BD1 9WP,

United Kingdom.

HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre (Income Support),

PO Box 27080,


G2 9HQ,

United Kingdom.


Rate your call experience
User Review
25/100 (4 votes)