DWP Contact Number: 0800 731 0469

0800 731 0469

dwp logo

Calls are charged at 7p for the first minute and then 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge. Callers must be over the age of 18.

You can contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on 0800 731 0469 for work and benefits queries and the Jobcentre Plus.  Or for pensions related matters you can call 0345 606 0265.

Pension Service – 0345 606 0265

The DWP Pensions Service is available at 0345 606 0265 where you can query your state pension and change information about its payment such as address or bank details.  You can use the number to notify of recent changes and find out about regulation changes and how they affect you. There are also specialist departments listed before for specific queries from first-time calls to textphone users:

General enquiries (Pensions) 0345 606 0265 0345 606 0285
Claim your state pension or find out more information about claiming 0800 731 7898 0800 731 7339
Online technical Pensions assistance 0345 604 3349 0345 604 3412

Future Pension Centre – 0345 300 0168

The Future Pension Centre is available at 0345 3000 168.  This department can tell you how much state pension you will receive when you retire.  It also gets you written information about this fund and regular payments. For textphone services, call 0345 3000 169 or from outside the UK, you can call +44 191 218 3600.

Write to the Future Pension Centre

Additionally, you can write to the department about any of the above queries at:

The Pension Service 9,

Mail Handling Site A,


WV98 1LU,

United Kingdom.

International Pension Centre: +44 191 218 7777

If you live outside the UK and want to query your state pension or report changing circumstances, you can call +44 191 218 7777.  There is a company that processes all US pension payments so if there is a holiday in the US but not in the UK, there can be a delay in you receiving your payment.  There are other contact numbers below for different teams:

State pension (general) +44 191 218 7777
Pro-rata Employment and Support Allowance (PRESA) queries +44 191 218 7680
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) queries +44 191 218 2050
Industrial Industries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) queries +44 191 218 7650
Jobseekers’ Allowance queries +44 191 218 7652
Bereavement Benefit or Widows’ Pension queries +44 191 218 7608
Incapacity Benefit & Maternity Allowance queries +44 191 218 7644

Write to the International Pension Centre (DWP)

You can write to the Pension’s International Centre at the address below:

The Pension Service 11,

Mail Handling Site A,


WV98 1LW,

United Kingdom.

Jobcentre Plus

The Jobcentre Plus is the local stop to help find work and get advice about employment support and disability benefits from DWP.

New benefit claims with DWP – 0800 055 6688

If you need to make a new claim, you can call Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688.  This number handles claims for ESA, Universal Credit and a number of other benefits including:

  • Jobseekers Allowance
  • Employment & Support Allowance
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Universal Credit
  • Social Fund
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Bereavement Benefits

You should call the number for new claims for any of these benefits as well as to track an existing claim.

Existing Benefit Claims – 0345 608 8545

You can ring the DWP for existing claims on one of three different numbers – 0345 608 8545, 0800 169 0310 and 0843 504 7178.  These numbers are there to help with changing your information and notifying of changed circumstances. You can change your address or bank details here as well as using a specific department to query a specific benefit.  Numbers for each are below:

Jobseekers Allowance existing claims. Incapacity Benefit ect 0345 608 8545 (local-rate) and 0800 169 0310 (freephone) 0345 608 8551
Universal Credit existing claims 0345 600 0723 0345 600 0743
Social Fund existing claims 0345 603 6967 0345 608 8553
Maternity Allowance existing claims 0345 608 8610 0345 608 8553
Bereavement Benefits existing claims 0345 608 8601 0345 608 8551

Change or cancel a DWP appointment – 0345 604 3719

If you need to change a scheduled appoint at the local Jobcentre Plus you can call 0345 604 3719.  Appointments connected to benefits are very important so if you can’t make one you need to get in touch and reschedule as soon as possible.  There is also a dedicated number for appointments relating to Universal Credit 0345 600 0723.

Contact your local Jobcentre Plus

You can also use the specific number for your local Jobcentre rather than ringing the national line.  To find out what that number is, you can go to http://los.direct.gov.uk/ or if you are in Northern Ireland then you can use https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/jobs-benefits-offices-jobcentres-and-social-security-offices instead.

Media enquiries – 020 3267 5144

If you need to speak to the media department of the DWP, then you can ring 020 3267 5144. This number is for queries and requests for interviews from the department.  If the matter is in England or Wales, you can ring 029 2058 6097. If it is in Scotland, you can call 0131 310 1122. Or if you need a written response from the DWP, then you can write to:

DWP Press Office,

Caxton House,

Tothill Street,



United Kingdom.

DWP Complaints

Have a complaint about any of the DWP departments then you should ring straight to that department.  So, for the pensions department, you can call 0345 606 0265. Or for Jobcentre Plus complaints you can call 0345 608 8545.  You can also send details in writing to:

Department for Work and Pensions – Complaints,

PO Box 50101,



The United Kingdom.

Important phone numbers for the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)

Pension Service main line 0345 606 0265
New benefit claims (all) 0800 055 6688
Existing benefit claimants (all) 0345 608 8545 (local-rate) and 0800 169 0310 (freephone)
Media enquiries (UK) 020 3267 5144

Other ways to contact the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP)

The Department for Work and Pensions understands that not everyone can get through on the phone even with the many different numbers, so they offer other ways to contact them.

DWP Email Address

For enquiries about service and general benefits information, you can email ministers@dwp.gsi.gov.uk

Write to the Department for Work & Pensions

You can also write to their official address to send documents, register a complaint or dispute to:


Caxton House,

Tothill Street,



United Kingdom.


Rate your call experience
User Review
6.25/100 (16 votes)